At Francis L. Dean & Associates we understand the needs of our Sports Camp, Non Sport Camp, Conference, Clinic and Tournament customers.
For years we have led the market in the sports and entertainment insurance industry with our competitive rates, ease of application process,
and excellent customer service. In 2018 alone we issued over 4,000 Camp, Conference, and Tournament policies.
The following is just a sampling of activities that can be covered using our Sports Camp, Non-Sports Camp, Sports Clinic, Conference, and Tournament program:
- Basketball Camps and Clinics
- Volleyball Camps and Clinics
- Football Camps and Clinics (non-contact only)
- Baseball Camps and Clinics
- Youth Camps
- Summer Camp Activities
- Educational Conferences
- Club Conferences
- Continuing Education Seminars and Classes
- Basketball Tournaments
- Baseball Tournaments
- Overnight Camps and Conferences
- Day Camps
- Bible Camps
- Boy and Girl Scout Camps
Whether you are hosting a sports camp or sports clinic, summer camp, sports tournament, or conference, we have options available to fit your needs.
Our combined rate for accident and liability coverage makes calculating your premium quick and easy, allowing you to avoid waiting to receive a quote.
You may also purchase the accident coverage as a stand-alone policy as well.
The rating for both the stand-alone accident policy and combined accident and liability coverage is based on whether participants will be attending a
camp that is 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 or more days, or overnight. You may also choose to have camp staff covered as well. Staff coverage is rated as
either day camp or overnight camp.
The base coverage that our combined accident and liability program offers is as follows:
- Accident Insurance in the amount of $10,000.00 Maximum Medical Benefit with $2,500.00 in Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage and a $100.00 Deductible.
This covers you in the event that a participant or covered staff member is injured.
- Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00 per occurrence, $2,000,000.00 general aggregate is included with this program. Liability insurance provides
protection against claims of bodily injury liability, property damage liability, personal and advertising injury liability and the litigation costs to
defend against such claims.
Additional coverages offered are as follows:
- Sexual Abuse and Molestation Coverage
- Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability Coverage
- $5,000.00 Medical Expense Benefit
- Increased Aggregate Limits
- Excess Liability Coverage to increase your per occurrence limit
- Inland Marine – Equipment coverage for all owned or rented sports equipment. (additional quote needed)
- Standard Additional Insureds can be added to the policy for no additional fee.
Applying for camp coverage is made simple, giving you the option of applying online and receiving your policy within minutes via email or completing
our pdf application and submitting it to our office to bind your coverage. Some items of note as you complete your application are as follows:
- If your camp will be a youth lacrosse, rugby, or ice hockey camp, this is not the appropriate option for these activities. You may visit the following
link for the appropriate information and applications: https://fdean.com/Product/HockeyCamps
- If your program is a before or after school program, has amusement park or waterpark exposures, or is an adult soccer tournament please contact
our office for the appropriate application to request quotation.
- For equestrian camps please visit the following link for coverage:
- If you are running a sports instruction facility you may visit the following link for information on our sports facility program:
- Please also note the following ineligible activities: high ropes courses, zip lines, trampolines, mechanical bulls, rock climbing, firearms/riflery,
surfing activities, white water rafting, gymnastics, jet skis, motorized boats, atv’s water skiing/wake boarding, fire dancing, bungee jumping,
inflatable amusement devises, climbing walls, and activities outside of the US.
- Don’t have a risk management plan or waiver system in place? Please visit the following link for our risk management information page.
On it you will find a sample waiver as well as instructions on how to complete your own risk management plan.
- Wondering what the primary and waiver endorsement boxes are for in the additional insureds section? These are to add a Primary and Non-Contributory
Endorsement or Waiver of Subrogation to your additional insured. This option costs $100.00 for each endorsement that you are adding, per additional
insured that you are adding it to. If your additional insured is requiring it, they will specifically request it from you. Also, we can add the
endorsements to an additional insured at any time.
- If you miss adding an additional insured when you are applying or if there is special wording that is required, please email the information to us
at email@example.com and once it is completed we will email it back to you. Please be sure to include the name listed on your policy, certificate number
if available, and full name, address, and reason that the additional insured is being added to the policy. There is no additional cost to add a
standard additional insured.
Please feel free to contact our office via phone at 800-745-2409, email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or simply click the “chat” or “contact us” button on the webpage
if you have questions regarding our program or if you are unsure if your activities fit this program.