At Francis L. Dean & Associates we understand the needs of our Sports Camp, Non-Sport Camp, Conference, Clinic and Tournament customers. For years we have led the market in the sports and entertainment insurance industry with our competitive rates, ease of application process, and excellent customer service. In 2019 alone we issued over 8,300 Camp, Conference, and Tournament policies.
Whether you are hosting a sports camp or sports clinic, summer camp, sports tournament, or conference, we have options available to fit your needs. Our combined rate for accident and liability coverage makes calculating your premium quick and easy, allowing you to avoid waiting to receive a quote for your activity. You may purchase the accident coverage as a stand-alone policy as well.
Sports Camps and Clinics (baseball, non-contact football, volleyball etc.)
We understand that you have several concerns to address while running your amateur sports camp. Arranging for a location, organizing registration, and planning your program all take time. Let Francis L. Dean and Associates help make insurance one less worry for you to deal with. Our sports camp and clinic coverage is affordable, comprehensive, and easy to purchase so you can get back to working on what you do best.
Non-Sports Camps (boy & girl scout, educational, summer, nature etc.)
Are you looking for coverage for your non-sports camp? Day camp or sleep away camp we have you covered. Whether you are running a nature camp, summer camp, boy scout camp, girl scout camp or other non-sports related program we have a cost-effective program available for you.
Whether it’s a weekend tournament or a schedule of several tournaments over several weeks or months we have a product that addresses your insurance needs. We offer coverage for basketball tournaments, baseball tournaments, volleyball tournaments and more. Our insurance specialists have created a sports tournament product that provides excellent coverage without breaking the bank.
Are you having a quilting retreat, corporate retreat, bible study retreat, or educational conference? These activities and more qualify for our program. Whether you are looking for coverage for day only or overnight insurance coverage for your conference we have the products to fit your needs.
We have made applying for camp coverage simple, giving you the option of applying online and receiving your policy within minutes via email or completing our pdf application and submitting it to our office to bind your coverage. Some items of note as you complete your application are as follows:
Policy Premium Rating
The rating for both the stand-alone accident policy and combined accident and liability coverage is based on whether participants will be attending a camp that is 1 day, 2 days, 3 days, 4 or more days, or overnight. You may also choose to have camp staff covered as well. Staff coverage is rated as either day camp or overnight camp.
Base Accident and Liability Coverage
- Accident Insurance in the amount of $10,000.00 Maximum Medical Benefit with $2,500.00 in Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage and a $100.00 Deductible. This covers you in the event that a participant or covered staff member is injured.
- Liability Insurance in the amount of $1,000,000.00 per occurrence, $2,000,000.00 general aggregate is included with this program. Liability insurance provides protection against claims of bodily injury liability, property damage liability, personal and advertising injury liability and the litigation costs to defend against such claims.
Additional Liability Coverages
- Sexual Abuse and Molestation Coverage
- Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability Coverage
- $5,000.00 Medical Expense Benefit
- Increased Aggregate Limits
- Excess Liability Coverage to increase your per occurrence limit
- Inland Marine – Equipment coverage for all owned or rented sports equipment. (additional quote needed)
- Standard Additional Insureds can be added to the policy for no additional fee
- Primary and Non-Contributory and Waiver of Subrogation Endorsements ($100 for each one)
- Basketball Camps and Clinics
- Volleyball Camps, Clinics and Tournaments
- Football Camps, Clinics and Tournaments (non-contact only)
- Baseball Camps and Clinics
- Youth Camps
- Summer Camp Activities
- Educational Conferences
- Club Conferences
- Continuing Education Seminars and Classes
- Basketball Tournaments
- Baseball Tournaments
- Overnight Camps and Conferences
- Day Camps
- Bible Camps
- Boy and Girl Scout Camps
- And more
- Trampolines, bungee jumping, high ropes courses, and zip lines
- Mechanical bulls
- Rock walls and climbing
- Firearms, fire dancing
- Surfing activities, jet skis
- White water rafting, motorized boats
- Water skiing / wake boarding
- Inflatable amusement devices
- Activities outside of the US
If your program is a before or after school program, has amusement park or waterpark exposures, or is an adult soccer tournament please contact our office for the appropriate application to request quotation.
Don’t have a risk management plan or waiver system?
Please visit the following link for our risk management information page. On it you will find a sample waiver as well as instructions on how to complete your own risk management plan.
- If your camp will be a youth lacrosse, rugby, or ice hockey camp, this is not the appropriate option for these activities. You may visit the following link for the appropriate information and applications: Hockey Camps Insurance
- For equestrian camps please visit the following link for coverage: Equine and Horse Drawn Vehicles Insurance
- If you are running a sports instruction facility you may visit the following link for information on our sports facility program: Sports Facilities Insurance